It’s that time of the year for those in business…awards season! While most business owners would agree being recognised for the hard work you do is valuable and gratifying, the benefits can extend much further than just the title and trophy.
- The first obvious one is it gives your business credibility
- It also makes you stand out from your competitors as an industry leader
- It further develops your brand and allows you to project your businesses logo and name to a wider audience
- It is a wonderful opportunity to network with others in your field or in complimentary areas of business
- Promotes your business to a wider audience whether it be local, national or worldwide
- Boosts team morale (or builds self confidence if you are solo)
- It teaches you about yourself. Most awards require some written response or an interview and preparing for these questions gives you great insight in what the strengths and developing areas for your business are
- It encourages you to self promote yourself if the Awards are voting based.
- It makes your current clients, the people you service and extended community happy. Everyone likes to be associated with an award winning business
- It gives you an opportunity to explain further what you do to your family and friends.
- They are fun! Awards nights are about having a good time and celebrating your achievements whether you win or not
- You could be lucky enough to get some amazing media coverage.
NOMINATIONS ARE NOW OPEN FOR THE 2015 ST GEORGE BANKING GROUP AUSMUMPRENEUR AWARDS NOMINATE YOUR BUSINESS
Elise Easdown is the master franchise owner of What’s On 4 Australia which holds annuals national awards recognising excellence in children’s activity and party providers. Elise was the winner of the Emerging Mumpreneur in the Ausmumpreneur Awards and winner of the Practical Parenting Magazine Mumpreneur Award.