How are your 2016 St.George Banking Group AusMumpreneur Awards entries going?
Entries close THIS WEEK on 30 June.
We believe mums in business deserve recognition and acknowledgment for the incredible work they do and these awards are such a great opportunity for you to be celebrated this year for all your hard work, passion and dedication!
The media opportunities and speaking opportunities our previous winners have had this year have been pretty amazing, Monica has been named alongside some of the most successful and influential women in Australia and winners and finalists across all categories have had ongoing media interest in magazines, TV, newspapers and online as well as speaking opportunities and invitations to attend events as special guests.
PLUS our winners in each category receive $1000.00 in cash thanks to St.George Bank, Bank of Melbourne & BankSA as well as thousands of dollars worth of prizes.
Our Top 10 tips for a successful Awards submission
Getting started is often the hardest part of any task but once you do make a start the task always seems to get easier. Below are some ideas that I think you will find useful to help you with completing your submission.
- Arrange a time to phone or catch up with a friend. Discuss the questions you have to answer in your submission, and ask them for their thoughts and ideas about you. Sometimes people see something extraordinary in us that we take for granted! Jot down their ideas. These are people who believe in you and it is a great way to get ideas flowing for your submission.
- Keep a notebook and pen handy (in your handbag, on the bedside table). As you experience the daily challenges and successes in your business, jot down the thoughts you have that might be able to help you with your submission.
- Be proud of your business and don’t be afraid to talk yourself up, nominating yourself shows that you have confidence in your ability and believe in the benefits you are providing to your customers.
- Read each question carefully and be concise and clear in your answers. There’s a set word count. Presentation is important so ensure that your application makes sense and is free from typos and grammatical errors.
- If you’re not sure which category to enter, have a look through the ones on the website before deciding, choosing one with less than 10 nominees is almost a guarantee you’ll make it through to the next round as a finalist. If you need help deciding or you have any questions get in touch with Cassie Lee our awards manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Using a professional photo can be a great way to create a memorable impression too.
- When completing your submission answer all questions carefully and correctly. Reread the questions and your answers to ensure they correspond and think about the keywords the judges may be looking for.
- It’s a good idea to have someone read over your submission before voting starts, checking for grammar and spelling but also checking that your submission accurately tells the story of your business and what makes you unique.
- Give yourself as many chances for success as possible – choose 2 categories which apply to you best, we recommend entering both a Judged Category and a People’s Choice category as this will give your business more exposure through the awards process.
- Ensure you answer all questions & show us who you are & how your business is helping people!
Nominations for the 2016 St.George Banking Group AusMumpreneur Awards close at midnight on Thursday 30 June.
Voting in People’s choice categories will begin on Monday 4 July and close on Sunday 17 July.
Finalists for the People’s Choice category will be determined by vote, and the top 10 nominees in each People’s Choice category will be go through to the final round of voting.
Finalists in both the judged categories and the People’s Choice categories will be announced on Monday 25 July.
And remember if you have any questions at all please feel free to ask us at the awards group or get in touch with our Awards Manager, Cassie at email@example.com